A foreigner has the complete right to be the individual director and shareholder of a company in Hong Kong. There is no requirement for a local resident to do so.
How can a foreigner start a business in Hong Kong?
Below are some steps to take in order to establish a new company in Hong Kong.
- Determine your company name. …
- Choose a legal structure for your business. …
- Register your company. …
- Incorporate your business entity. …
- Open a company account. …
- Get permits and licenses. …
- Hong Kong tax. …
- Pensions and insurance requirements.
Who can register a company in Hong Kong?
Any person or organization is allowed to register a company in Hong Kong. Further, a minimum of one shareholder is required, whether local or foreigner. Note that the shareholders must be over 18 years. At least one director, local or foreigner, is also required.
Can you start a business in Hong Kong?
Most importantly, opening a business in Hong Kong is relatively easy and cost-effective. As a foreigner you can own 100% of your business in Hong Kong, and you may be the sole director and shareholder. Attractively, Hong Kong is also a great gateway for establishing your business in China or other Asian nations.
What are the legal requirements to incorporate a Hong Kong company?
A duly completed incorporation form that includes the following:
- Company name.
- Registered address.
- Brief description of business activities.
- Particulars of shareholders, directors and company secretary.
- Liability of members.
- Share capital registered on incorporation.
- Number of shares taken up by subscribers.
How do I start a limited company in Hong Kong?
Incorporation of a local limited company in Hong Kong
- Step 1 – Choose the type and name of company. Choose the type of company that best suits your company’s purposes: …
- Step 2 – Deliver application. …
- Step 3 – Collect Certificates. …
- Step 4 – Obtain other permits or licences.
How much does it cost to set up a limited company in Hong Kong?
|Different Hong Kong entity types||Registration cost||Annual maintenance fees|
|Holding company LLC||US$8,655||US$5,000|
|LLC with employment visa||US$15,205||US$5,000|
|Hong Kong company with China corporate bank account||US$11,655||US$5,000|
How do I start a trading company in Hong Kong?
- Import Trade. The first type of trade in Hong Kong is an import trade company. …
- Export Trade. …
- Entrepot Trade. …
- Registering a Hong Kong trading company. …
- Obtain and file required Import/Export license, permits and declarations. …
- Export and import procedures and required documents. …
- Export and Import Taxes.
How long does it take to set up a company in Hong Kong?
It takes an average of 5-7 days for a foreigner to incorporate a company in Hong Kong.
How long does it take to incorporate a company in HK?
In most cases, it takes about 5-7 working days to incorporate a company in Hong Kong. However, if you are located overseas, it may take longer owing to the logistics of signing and couriering the relevant company formation documents.
What is a limited company in Hong Kong?
A limited liability company in Hong Kong is a separate legal entity that has a legal identity separate from its members. According to its type, a limited liability company can be suited for small or medium sized businesses or for large corporations.
How can I open a company?
Four major steps to register a company/ startup in India:
- Step 1: Acquire Digital Signature Certificate (DSC)
- Step 2: Acquire Director Identification Number (DIN)
- Step 3: Create an account on MCA portal- New user registration @ mca.gov.in.
- Step 4: Incorporate or Apply for the company to be registered.
How can I open a store in Hong Kong?
In order to open an online shop in Hong Kong investors will need to consider purchasing a domain name and incorporating a company that will act as the seller of the online goods. Our team of Hong Kong lawyers highlights the main aspects related to opening an online business in the city and its advantages.
Do you need a company secretary in Hong Kong?
It is a legal requirement
Having a company secretary is not an option you can do away with when registering a company in Hong Kong. According to the Companies Ordinance, your company will not get registered if you do not have a secretary. You can also be prosecuted for trying to operate without a company secretary.
Can the director of a company be a company?
Yes, however in order to have a company appointed as a director, you will need to also appoint a natural (person) director. A company cannot act alone as director.
What is an unlimited company in Hong Kong?
Unlimited company is unlimited liability for the owner of the company as all risks of business operation and liabilities should be borne by Proprietor or Partner. However, annual accounting and auditing costs are relatively less, and submission of Annual Return is also simpler.