Do Chinese people say sorry?
The Chinese do not live in fear of apologizing because China is not a litigious society. The connection between apologizing and paying is not as close. In America, accident-related apologies are taboo because of the issue of liability. But these are semantic differences.
How do you respond to Duibuqi?
How to Respond to “dui bu qi”? In Chinese, you may use “mei guan xi” ( /meɪ gu:ɑn ʃɪ /) or “mei shi”( /meɪ ʃrɪ / ) to respond to “dui bu qi”. Both have a meaning of “that’s all right, don’t feel sorry about it or “it’s fine, don’t worry”.
How do you apologize to someone genuinely?
Elements of a Perfect Apology
- Say you’re sorry. Not, “I’m sorry, but . . .”, just plain ol’ “I’m sorry.”
- Own the mistake. It’s important to show the other person that you’re willing to take responsibility for your actions.
- Describe what happened. …
- Have a plan. …
- Admit you were wrong. …
- Ask for forgiveness.
How do you apologize to a Chinese girl?
6 Ways to Say Sorry in Mandarin Chinese (and 4 Ways to Respond)
- 不好意思 (bù hǎo yì si) — “Sorry About That” …
- 对不起 (duì bù qǐ) — “Sorry” …
- 抱歉 (bào qiàn) — “I Sincerely Apologize” …
- 是我的错 (shì wǒ de cuò) — “It’s My Fault” …
- 我错了 (wǒ cuò le) — “I Was Wrong” …
- 是我不对 (shì wǒ bù duì) — “It’s My Bad”
Are you OK in Chinese?
你还(還)好吗(嗎)？ (nǐ hái hǎo ma?)
What is hao de In English?
The combination hǎo de 好的 can simply be used to mean “okay”. So if you’re buying some dirty street food in China and your respectable vendor points at the chilli you can say “hao de” (I’m assuming everyone likes chilli here) hǎo de can also be used like a more informal “thanks”, or “cheers” as we say in Britain.
What is Zaijian in Chinese?
see you (later)
What is the meaning of BU KEQI?
bù kè qi. you’re welcome don’t mention it impolite rude blunt. Example Usage Strokes.
How do you say sorry example?
Here are some examples:
- “I’m sorry about the mean thing I said to you.”
- “I’m sorry I lost your book.”
- “I was mad, but I shouldn’t have called you a name. I’m sorry.”
- “I’m sorry I hurt your feelings.”
- “I’m sorry I yelled at you.”
- “I’m really sorry I pushed you when I was mad. That was wrong. I won’t do it anymore.”
How do you apologize for leading someone on?
Just treat people how you would want to be treated. By saying what you said here, as soon as possible, with no one within earshot. Any apology worth its salt needs to be 99% ‘I’m sorry’ and 1% excuses/reasons. Make it clear that he wasn’t chosen by others on a dare; you flirted with other guys too.
What is your name in Chinese?
In Chinese, as we heard in this lesson’s dialogue, one way of asking a person their name is: 你叫什么名字？ Nǐ jiào shénme míngzì? “What is your name” (literally: “You called what name?”)
How do you say sorry in Cantonese?
The two most common Cantonese phrases for saying sorry are 對唔住 (deoi3 m4 zyu6) and 唔好意思 (m4 ho2 ji3 si3). They’re applicable to a wide range of circumstances, so learning how to use them to say sorry in learning Cantonese is vital.