How do you respond when someone compliments your Chinese?
We are usually taught that it’s impolite and considered arrogant in Chinese culture to just say “thanks” when you receive a compliment. That’s why beginners often learn that a more appropriate response to a compliment is “nǎ lǐ, nǎ lǐ (哪里，哪里), ” which is easy to pronounce and remember.
How do you respond to a compliment in Cantonese?
6. What to Expect After Giving Compliments
- “Thank you.”: Saying 多謝 (do1 ze6), or “thank you” in Cantonese, is the most common response after receiving a compliment.
- “Nah.”: Some people may say 邊度係呢 (bin1 dou6 hai6 ne1) or 唔敢當 (m4 gam2 dong1) to brush off compliments.
How do you compliment someone in Chinese?
11 Compliments Chinese People Give Their Friends
- 1: 你太棒了！ nǐ tài bàng le！ “You’re awesome!” …
- 2 : 你真牛B！ nǐ zhēn niú B！ “You’re freaking awesome!” …
- 3: 你真漂亮！ nǐ zhēn piào liàng！ …
- 4: 你好美哦! nǐ hǎo měi ó！ …
- 5: 你好帅！ nǐ hǎo shuài！ …
- 6: 今天你真帅！ jīn tiān nǐ zhēn shuài！ …
- 7: 穿衣服真配你！ chuān yī fú zhēn pèi nǐ！ …
- 8: 你对我真好！ nǐ duì wǒ zhēn hǎo！
What is being complimented?
1a : an expression of esteem, respect, affection, or admiration especially : an admiring remark. b : formal and respectful recognition : honor. 2a compliments plural : best wishes : regards accept my compliments compliments of the season.
How do you respond to no you’re the best?
Stay as wonderful as you are, but don’t ever become a doormat. With “you’re the best” you could also reply playfully: “hey, maybe I am!” and smile! Relax & don’t ever take yourself too seriously. That helps others relax as well.
How do you receive a compliment in Chinese?
Chinese Vocabulary | 4 ways to respond to compliments or flattery
- 1) 没有没有 (méi yǒu méi yǒu – “no, no”)
- 2) 没有那么厉害 (méiyǒu nàme lìhài – “no I’m not that awesome”)
- 3) 哪里哪里 (nǎlǐ nǎlǐ – “no, not at all”)
- 4) 过奖 (guò jiǎng – “you speak too highly of me”)
- 过奖 (guòjiǎng)
- 你过奖 (nǐ guòjiǎng)
- 过奖了 (guòjiǎng le)
- 你过奖了 (nǐ guòjiǎng le)
What is Google Chinese?
Google used its Chinese name, GǔGē (“harvest song”), but it never caught on with Chinese internet users. On April 12, 2006, Google’s Global CEO Eric Schmidt announced Google’s Chinese name as “谷歌” (The Chinese character version of GǔGē) in Beijing.
What is your name Mandarin?
你叫什么名字？ Nǐ jiào shénme míngzì? “What is your name” (literally: “You called what name?”)
How do you respond to a compliment?
Here are a few ways to respond to a compliment:
- “Thank you, it makes my day to hear that.”
- “I really put a lot of thought into this, thank you for noticing.”
- “Thank you, I really appreciate you taking the time to express that.”
- “Thank you, I am happy to hear you feel that way!”
How do you compliment a girl in one word?
admirable, adorable, alluring, angelic, appealing, beauteous, bewitching, captivating, charming, classy, comely, cute, dazzling, delicate, delightful, divine, elegant, enthralling, enticing, excellent, exquisite, fair, fascinating, fetching, fine, foxy, good-looking, gorgeous, graceful, grand, handsome, ideal, inviting …
Why do compliments make me uncomfortable?
Specifically, compliments can make people with low self-esteem feel uncomfortable because they contradict their own self-views. … In other words, receiving praise from others when we feel negatively about ourselves elicits discomfort because it conflicts with our existing belief system.