Why is The Simpsons Banned in China?
Unavailability from Hong Kong
It was removed due to references to the 1989 Tiananmen Square massacre in Beijing.
Why was the Simpsons banned?
TV shows frequently dive into controversial topics or base their whole premise on a taboo subject. … More shocking is when entire series get banned in other countries because they bump up against a different set of standards and expectations. That was the case for The Simpsons, which was banned entirely in Venezuela.
How do you say series in Chinese?
- [of events, things] 一系列 (yīxìliè) (个(個), gè)
- (on TV, radio) 系列节(節)目 (xìliè jiémù) (个(個), gè)
How do you say episodes in Chinese?
- (= period, event) 插曲 (chāqǔ) (个(個), gè)
- (TV, Rad, = instalment) 集 (jí)
What countries are the Simpsons banned in?
All of the episodes that were banned from different countries, such as Japan, England (UK of Great Britain), Canada, America (USA), Australia, Mexico, France, Germany and Brazil. Mainly, The City of New York vs.
What’s the funniest Simpsons episode?
The Simpsons: Homer’s 15 Funniest Episodes, Ranked
- 1 Last Exit To Springfield (Season 4, Episode 17)
- 2 Mr. …
- 3 Homer At The Bat (Season 3, Episode 17) …
- 4 Homer Loves Flanders (Season 5, Episode 16) …
- 5 King-Size Homer (Season 7, Episode 7) …
- 6 Homer Goes To College (Season 5, Episode 3) …
- 7 Homer The Great (Season 6, Episode 12) …
Is The Simpsons banned in Japan?
Controllers at several European channels have banned episodes of The Simpsons that contain jokes about nuclear meltdown. They want to stop the hit cartoon poking fun at nuclear danger during the battle to save the tsunami-hit Fukushima plant.
Is The Simpsons banned in India?
The show was aired in 2006 and soon became a matter of concern for guardians due to the use of inappropriate language and disrespect of adult characters in the show. The concept of the show, alongside the gross jokes and sexual innuendoes, was considered objectionable in India and was banned in the country.