How much money can you make teaching English in Hong Kong?
In order to teach English in Hong Kong, most teachers will require a bachelor’s degree and either TEFL certification or at least two years prior teaching experience. The average salary for teaching in Hong Kong is $3,000 to $7,400 per month.
How much can you earn as a TEFL teacher?
With experience, and usually further qualifications, salaries can range from £27,000 to £33,000. For those with considerable experience and expertise, salaries can be in excess of £35,000.
How much does TEFL pay per hour?
Expected Salary: At Preply you set your own rates but, as a rough guide, English tutors usually charge between $15 to $25 per hour. New TEFL teachers often start out at the lower end of the scale to attract students and then increase prices as their experience grows – but ultimately, it’s up to you how much you charge.
Can you save money teaching English in Hong Kong?
Teachers in Hong Kong can typically save between $500 and $1,500 USD per month depending on their lifestyle.
Can non native speakers teach English in Hong Kong?
English teachers in Hong Kong come from all sorts of backgrounds. … However schools will hire teachers with all nationalities if they have good qualifications and experience. A TEFL certificate is needed to teach in Hong Kong. Experience is preferred, but not always a requirement.
Is TEFL well paid?
As a general rule, TEFL salaries will be in line with the cost of living and you should be able to live comfortably on your wage. Higher salaries can be found in Asia and the Middle East, so if returning home with a healthy bank balance is your main goal then that’s where you’ll want to focus your search.
Do TEFL jobs pay well?
How much do TEFL teachers earn? … A teacher’s salary can be as little as $600 USD per month to as much as $4,000 USD! Each country not only has different salaries, but also different teaching requirements, expectations, and contract lengths to think about.
Is becoming a TEFL teacher worth it?
Is TEFL Certification worth it? Yes. If you want to get a good teaching job and be an effective teacher for your students, then it is definitely worth it. Remember, most schools worldwide require a TEFL certification; and once you’re certified you can the ball rolling on applying and interviewing for jobs.
How much can I earn teaching TEFL online?
While teaching English online salaries depend on your qualifications and the specific job, you can expect to make anywhere from $10-$25 USD/hour (and sometimes more).
How do I get a TEFL job with no experience?
How can I get a TEFL job with no experience?
- Get TEFL qualified. …
- Make sure your CV is up to scratch. …
- Apply for vacancies listed on TEFL jobs sites. …
- Send your CV proactively to language schools. …
- Go to where you want to teach. …
- Use a TEFL recruitment agency. …
- Get some TEFL experience.
How can I make the most money teaching English online?
Maximizing your earning potential as an online English teacher is really up to you! Get your TEFL/TESOL certification, as this will help you stand out, then seek the highest paying companies that offer the most bookings. You can even “go it on your own” as a freelance teacher, choosing your own hourly rates.
How much do tutors make in Hong Kong?
The average salary for a tutor is HK$188 per hour in Hong Kong.
How can I become a teacher in Hong Kong?
- Bachelor’s degree in English (BA or BEd)
- Post-graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) majoring in English, like MEd or BEd + teaching license (English)
- TEFL/TESL qualification at the diploma level. …
- At least 1 year post-graduate English teaching experience at secondary level or above (ESL teaching preferred)
How do I become an English teacher overseas?
Wondering how to teach English abroad?
- Research Your Options & Speak to an Expert Advisor.
- Determine Options for TEFL Certification and Countries for Teaching English Abroad.
- Enroll in a TEFL Certification Course & Get TEFL Certified.
- Connect with International TEFL Academy Alumni Networks.
- Begin Your Job Search Process.