United Kingdom Imports from China was US$75.48 Billion during 2020, according to the United Nations COMTRADE database on international trade. United Kingdom Imports from China – data, historical chart and statistics – was last updated on December of 2021. Base metals not specified elsewhere, cermets.
What does China export to the UK?
China Exports to United Kingdom. Value. Year. Electrical, electronic equipment. $14.74B.
What do we import from China?
The United States continues to import food from China, including $4.6 billion worth in 2017 alone. Top imports include fruits and vegetables, snack foods, spices and tea. In 2019, for example, the U.S. imported $89 million worth of tea and $300 million worth of apple juice.
What is our biggest import from China?
The United States
The top goods imported from the U.S. to China and their total values for 2018 were aircrafts ($18 billion), machinery ($14 billion), electrical machinery ($13 billion), optical and medical instruments ($9.8 billion), vehicles ($9.4 billion) and agricultural products ($9.3 billion).
What does UK rely on China for?
China, the report states, has “cemented itself as the primary source of disaster relief equipment in the UK import market”, with the country now responsible for 26 per cent of Britain’s imports of such items – amounting to some £12.26 billion – up from 7.7 per cent in 2019.
How much does the UK rely on China?
China accounted for 4.4% of UK exports and 6.8% of all UK imports. China was the UK’s sixth largest export market and fourth largest source of imports.
What food does UK import from China?
Other UK Food and Drink Import Facts
|Cayman Islands||Baked Goods||Bread|
|Chile||Fruit and Vegetables||Grapes|
|Colombia||Fruit and Vegetables||Bananas and plantains|
What are Britain’s main imports?
United Kingdom’s Top 10 Imports
- Gems, precious metals: US$108.4 billion (17.2% of total imports)
- Machinery including computers: $70.2 billion (11.1%)
- Vehicles: $58 billion (9.2%)
- Electrical machinery, equipment: $55.8 billion (8.8%)
- Mineral fuels including oil: $34 billion (5.4%)
- Pharmaceuticals: $25.9 billion (4.1%)
What brands of food are from China?
The most popular food and beverage brands in China in 2020
Which country does the UK import from the most?
Leading import markets for trade in goods in the United Kingdom in 2020, by share of imports
|Characteristic||Share of total goods imported|
What country does China most likely trade with?
- United States: US$452.6 billion (17.5% of China’s total exports)
- Hong Kong: $272.7 billion (10.5%)
- Japan: $142.6 billion (5.5%)
- Vietnam: $113.8 billion (4.4%)
- South Korea: $112.5 billion (4.3%)
- Germany: $86.8 billion (3.4%)
- Netherlands: $79 billion (3%)
- United Kingdom: $72.6 billion (2.8%)
What is the most imported products from China?
China’s Top 10 Imports
- Electrical machinery, equipment: US$548.7 billion (26.7% of total imports)
- Mineral fuels including oil: $267.6 billion (13%)
- Machinery including computers: $192 billion (9.3%)
- Ores, slag, ash: $180 billion (8.8%)
- Optical, technical, medical apparatus: $99.1 billion (4.8%)
Is the UK still importing goods from China?
Goods imports from China to the UK increased by 66% since the start of 2018 to £16.9bn in the first quarter of 2021, the Office for National Statistics said. … The European Union as a whole remains the largest trading partner for the UK.
Why does UK import so much?
The UK is not self-sufficient in food production; it imports 48% of the total food consumed and the proportion is rising. Therefore, as a food-trading nation, the UK relies on both imports and a thriving agricultural sector to feed itself and drive economic growth.
Who are the UK’s biggest trading partners?
List of the largest trading partners of United Kingdom
|Rank||Country||Exports from UK|
|–||Total for non-EU||341,932|
|–||European Union (Total)||273,978|