Hainan is listed on China’s top places to travel in January because of its warm climate. You can enjoy warm sunshine and soft silver beaches in Yalong Bay, or dive in Wuzhizhou Island.
Where in China is warm in winter?
Given the size and varied landscape of the country, there is no one time in the year when Chinese weather is ideal. Of course, the warmest areas in winter are to be found in the South and Southwest, such as Sichuan, Banna in Yunnan, and Hainan Island. In summer the coolest spots are in the far northeast.
Is it warm in China in January?
The average temperature is 6–10°C (43–50°F) and there are, on average, 18 days (21 mm, 1 in) with light rainfall in January. As long as you are warmly dressed, you can enjoy your time at the attractions and on a river cruise. In Hong Kong in January, the weather is pleasant and mild.
Which part of China is the warmest?
1. Chongqing. Chongqing is a very large inland city on the Yangtze River and the number one starting place for Yangtze River cruise ships. It is usually the hottest city, and temperatures have reached Red Alertlevels (over 40°C, 104°F) in August.
Is January a good time to visit China?
The rule of thumb, in general, is that spring and autumn are the best times to visit China. Any time from March to May and from September to early November are the best moments to plan a great trip.
What is the coldest month in China?
The cold season lasts for 3.0 months, from November 25 to February 24, with an average daily high temperature below 45°F. The coldest month of the year in Beijing is January, with an average low of 18°F and high of 35°F.
What season is January in China?
China in January is right in winter. Northern cities at high latitude are in the coldest time along with snow fall. In the southern cities of China at low latitude like Guangzhou, Hong Kong and Sanya, it is much better and one does not feel cold most of the time.
Does China get cold in winter?
Climate – China. China is a huge country, and has a great variety of climates. Winter is freezing cold in the north, in the mountains and the plateaus, while it’s mild in the south; summer is hot everywhere, except in highlands and high mountains.
What is China’s winter like?
2. North China’s winters are cold and dry; summers are hot and humid. Northern China experiences temperatures well below freezing in winter, with winds coming in from Siberia. In the summer, winds from the south can carry in steamy hot weather.
Which city is cold in China?
Cold. Located in higher latitudes, the northeast china include Heilongjian(harbin), Jiling(Changchun), Liaoning (Shenyang)are the coldest place, the low temperature is about 30 degrees below zero in winter.
Which part of China has the best weather?
You can find moderate temperatures in the mountains. Yunnan has the best climate due to its high altitude with year-round spring like climate.
Where is warm in China in February?
Sanya — Warmest Place in China
If you want a trip away from the coldness of China’s winter, Hainan Island is ideal. It’s the warmest place in China during February. You can have fun in the sea and on the beaches in Sanya, known as “oriental Hawaii”.
Where in China has the best weather?
Quick Jump to:
- Top 1: Yunnan Province (Kunming, Dali, Lijiang, Xishuangbanna, Yuanyang, Tengchong)
- Top 2: Fujian Province (Xiamen, Fujian Tulou)
- Top 3: Amazing Great Bay Area (Hong Kong, Macao, Shenzhen, Guangzhou)
- Top 4: Hainan Island (Sanya, Haikou)
- Top 5: Guangxi Province (Guilin, Yangshuo, Longsheng)